we don't disco like we used to

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Partying in New York

Oh how I miss it so. And the video for "Barba Steisand" by Ducksauce only makes me miss it more. The video reminds me of my party days in LA and New York when I was younger and the scene was so fresh and exciting. And a lot of the cats that I listen to and used to party with are all with the Fool's Gold label. Smart move, especially when you watch the video you realize that fools gold is still partyin well. Even some of my friends from the Dim Mak scene show up in the vid. It just hits too close to home for me.
I also love this video because the audio is very altered from the original. I like this because everybody and their mom has been jammin out to the hilarious and sick as fuck sound of Barbra Steisand since the late summer. 

Besided the horrible Barbra cosplayer that won't shut up during the video, I got off on other things. P-thugg's vocals are great, and some of the scratching in the video is amazing, and I can't figure out who he is atm, but the black guy adding some keyboard late in the vid is amazing. Loved that sound.

If you haven't seen it, watch it, and then let's go buy tickets to New York. Soon.


Duck Sauce "Barbra Streisand" from Mr Goldbar on Vimeo.

1 comments:

Martha Izquierdo said...

dope...looks like good times

Post a Comment

Straight up, not done yet. Powered by Blogger.