we don't disco like we used to

Friday, August 31, 2012

Youth In Trouble


The Presets are back. I'm so happy. This year is turning out to be really good for music. After 4 years of waiting The Presets are dropping their very anticipated next album titled "Youth in Trouble" on September 7th. Their acclaimed last album Apocalypso with packed with well produced original sounding music. I get the feeling that this new one will be that and more. Which is important because as I have grown so has my music taste, and their evolution seems to be on track with my own.


 Another Modular act, The Presets hail from down under and kick way too much ass. Before party rock and all that, these guys come from the scene that invented shuffling, and took music into another dimension. The Presets are one of the premiere and O.G. acts from the beginning of the ENTIRE hipster indie electro scene. Much love for these guys, they started a lot of us off. They set the bar. Trust.

Here's the video for the second release from the new album, "Ghosts." It's very well directed. Gives a nice stylistic ambiance to the sound. These guy know what they're doing.


And since 6 years later, theyve aged, and Ive read that they have families now. No doubt with bombshell wives, but anyway the beats side of the act, K.I.M., as he goes by, looks like he got pretty fat. The years of partying are noticable, but I don't think they were that young when they started anyway.

Only K.I.M. could rock a hat like that so hard.

This is the next level for The Presets, they always amaze, I'm too excited for the musical journey that we are all about to go on as new singles and remixes are released and their sound influences the rest.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Straight up, not done yet. Powered by Blogger.